Where are you from?
Let's find out where our partners are from by asking them questions.
We take it in turns to ask YES-NO questions.
Each group can ask up to 20 questions
How it works:Option 1: (Advanced) Find the country/state or province/city of the other classroom by asking only YES / NO questions. A “YES” answer allows to ask another question. A “NO” answer gives the opposing group the chance to ask a question. 20 questions maximum. After each 5 questions a CLUE can be given.
Option 2: (Intermediate) Find the country/state or province/city of the other classroom by asking only YES / NO questions. The same classroom will keep asking questions until they find the location. After each 5 questions a CLUE can be given.
Option 3: (Beginning). Students will find the location of the other class using clues that the other class gives. It can go back and forth with each team taking turns with questions and answers. This will help younger students stay engaged and keep the frustration level at a minimum..
After the game: Each class can share facts and information about their home country and/or city.
Possible Mystery Location Questions:
1. Is your continent in the Eastern/Western Hemisphere?
2. Is your continent in the Northern/Southern Hemisphere?
3. Is your continent near the Atlantic / Pacific / Indian / Arctic Ocean?
4. Is your continent N. America / S. America / Africa / Europe / Asia / Australia / Antarctica?
5. Is it a big/small country?
6. Do you speak English as a first language?
7. Is it very hot in summer and cold in winter?
8. Is it north/south/east/west of...........?
9. Does your country border another country?
8. Are there mountains in your country?
9. Does your country have a coastline?
10. Is …...................the capital of your country?
11. Does your state/province border_?
12. Is your country / state / province north / south / east / west of?
13. Is your city in the north / south / east / west of your country / state / province?
14. Is your city the capital of your country / state / province?
1. The time is.
2. The season is.
3. We are north / south / east / west of_.
4. The beginning letter is .
5. We also speak French / German / Spanish / Mandarin etc...